Grey Diamonds Background

Wednesday, October 10, 2012

It's Not Who You Are...

Source: http://www.etsy.com/listing/29509566/its-not-who-you-are-that-holds-you-back
I saw a post from Women at Forty where the author (who I'm assuming is someone in her 40s, but I'll be honest - I located her post in a search for the above graphic) took an honest look at herself - what she is guilty of telling herself that she is NOT, and then what she IS (and those things are harder to tell yourself - why is that?)

What I am guilty of telling myself that I'm NOT:
perfect
great at balance
organized
a daily exerciser
tall
smart enough
generous enough
strong enough
a perfect workout picture on Pinterest (and will never be!)
super confident

What I AM (and need to do a better job of remembering):
loved by many
admired
openminded
a woman with faith in herself, her loved ones, and the world
positive thinking
a FABulous self-stylist
kindhearted
one who tries to be better every day
one who appreciates beauty in everything most everything
sassy when needed
honest
a good listener
a great talker!

I think I'll make myself a deal - when I'm feeling bummed about the things that I'm NOT, I will pull out the list of things that I AM... and read them over and over again until I'm dne with my pity party! Sound like a plan?

No comments:

Post a Comment